Git X-Modules is an app for Bitbucket, that provides a server-side alternative to Git Submodules.
Git X-Modules creates and manages Git repositories that include other repositories.
An X-Module is a regular directory in a Git repository synchronized with an external repository.
A repository with X-Modules is a regular Git repository: you can clone it, push to it, create pull requests, etc.
- Combine multiple projects and components into a single repository for cross-project development.
- Include parts of other projects into yours.
- Share common assets across multiple projects.
- Split mono-repository.
- Configure and manage X-Modules within Bitbucket Server UI.
- Include repository branches, tags, or commits as X-Modules.
- Select module sync strategy:
- include complete history with SHA-1 hashes preserved; or
- include a compact digest of a module history.
- Users follow standard Git workflow: clone, push, create new branches and pull requests; no special commands are required.
- Add Git X-Modules to your existing work environment without rebuilding it.
Git X-Modules App is compatible with both Bitbucket Server and Data Center. Bitbucket Cloud is not yet supported.
- Quick-Start Guide
- Module pull options
- Advanced options
- REST command to disable/enable sync for a certain repository
- Nested Modules